We seek a motivated and talented individual to join our team as a Junior Software Engineer. As a company, we specialize in developing cutting-edge web applications using Node.js, React, Python, SQL, and MongoDB. This is an excellent opportunity for a fresher with a computer science background to gain hands-on experience and grow their skills in a fast-paced and supportive environment.
What the job involves
Ownership of all aspects in Technology across the business
- Collaborate with senior software engineers and development teams to design, develop, and maintain high-quality web applications using Node.js, React, Python, SQL, and MongoDB.
- Write clean and efficient code following best practices and coding standards.
- Perform unit testing to ensure the reliability and functionality of software components.
- Develop and execute end-to-end testing scenarios to verify the overall system behaviour and performance.
- Take ownership of the products and ensure they are delivered defect-free.
- Proactively identify and address potential issues in the development process.
- Be available to address any issues that arise in the production environment promptly.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Debug and resolve software defects and issues promptly.
- Contribute to the improvement of software development processes and methodologies.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry trends related to web
What makes you an ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (preferred).
- Strong understanding of software development principles and methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of Node.js, React, Python, SQL, and MongoDB.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Mocha) and end-to-end testing tools (e.g., Selenium, Cypress).
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) is a plus.
- Knowledge of software testing principles and methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently when required.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in web development projects (internships, personal projects, etc.) is a plus.
Why you will be a good fit for this position
Please provide a short write-up (150-200 words) explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for this Junior Software Engineer position. In your write-up, you can highlight the relevant skills, experiences, and qualities that make you a strong candidate for this role. Feel free to mention any specific projects or achievements demonstrating your capabilities and enthusiasm for web development.
What we expect from our team
We want to hire people who align with our values, building a positive and welcoming culture for all. Before applying, please read through our expectations of everyone that joins our team. You'll enjoy working here if you're...
- You think targets are there to be broken - we love the chase and we’re constantly pushing to rise to the top, thriving on the challenges that it brings.
- You’re time efficient - we’re hard workers and proud, but enjoy our home lives, too. Working hard means using your time effectively.
- You bring your best self to work performance is more than just numbers; it’s how you turn up, your desire to do right by our customers, and your drive for growth.
- You’re strategic - our bold company goals require sublime team planning today.
- You look at the bigger picture - love the people that aren’t just looking at what has to be done, but more why they are doing it.
- You’re interested in fast-paced growth start up culture.
- You want your career to accelerate - we love finding extraordinary people and helping them in an intensive but highly rewarding role.
- You ‘re an honest3 team player. We move fast and being accountable as we quickly expand is imperative.
- You get stuck in regardless. No matter the job title, it is important that you understand the wider business, too.
Culture and Perks
- Culture of internal promotion
- Regular training by our excellent team
- Monthly/Quarterly incentives
- Quarterly staff recognition & awards
- Regular team socials